Like most broad medical disciplines, the practice of acupuncture and oriental medicine covers a spectrum of treatments, diagnostic capabilities, and patient interactions. Acupuncture is widely practiced in eastern medicine for the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses, as well as broader prevention and well-being therapies.
Acupuncture treatment can be used to address a variety of symptoms in patients, as well as to promote general health and well-being as a preventative treatment. National and international authorities, including the World Health Organization, the National Institutes of Health, and the American Medical Association, have recognized the effectiveness of acupuncture as a treatment for a wide range of issues, including chronic and post-operative pain, musculo-skeletal disorders, respiratory problems, neurological disorders, mental-emotional disorders, gastrointestinal conditions, ear, eye and mouth disorders, and reproductive issues.
ASA & NCCAOM: NATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS WORKING FOR YOU
Over the past few years, the Acupuncture profession has taken some broad steps to advance the cause of acupuncturists at the national level. This includes engagement with Congress on legislation impacting acupuncturists, grassroots efforts to build awareness of acupuncture with our practitioners’ representatives, and ongoing work with national healthcare stakeholder organizations to raise the profile of acupuncture, and the value of NCCAOM Board Certification.
Below are the highlights of those achievements:
- Medicare covers acupuncture treatment for chronic Low Back Pain.
- NCCAOM & ASA support the profession through unprecedented times with Town Halls During COVID.
- NCCAOM & ASA create COVID resources to clarify process and procedures to keep everyone safe.
- State Associations work to make acupuncturists essential health care workers during COVID.
- NCCAOM and ASA promote acupuncture as a safe and effective option by submitting comments to the CDC regarding the Management of Acute and Chronic Pain.
- Article published in Under Armour on Auricular Acupuncture for weight loss
- Continuously support and grow the fields of Acupuncture Research.
- Growth of the ASA and the profession expands to 34 states.
- Legislation successfully run for acupuncture for Veterans by Certified and Licensed Acupuncturists through collaborative effort between ASA and NCCAOM
- NCCIH recommends acupuncture.
NEWS AND INFORMATION
Welcome to the Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine Day News Room. This area of the site was developed to provide journalists, supporting organizations and the public with up-to-date, comprehensive and accessible information on the news activities related to Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine Day.
To view and print PDF files you must have the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader loaded on your computer. Click on logo to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader.